The available 2.3L EcoBoost® engine produces 280 hp and provides 310 lb.-ft. of torque.68 It has a twin-scroll low-inertia turbocharger that separates the exhaust pulses from pairs of cylinders, enabling quicker turbine spin-up, enhanced acceleration responsiveness and efficiency.
It takes more than just great looks to keep the adventurous legacy of Explorer alive. It also takes smart design and engineering, plus an available Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System.™ Standard equipment includes AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™ and Curve Control. The interior offers an available class-exclusive PowerFold® third-row seat* and second-row bucket seats.
Explorer Sport in White Platinum Metallic Tri Coat.
Explorer Limited in Canyon Ridge.
Explorer Sport, Platinum and Limited shown
2017 Explorer Platinum in Blue Jeans.
Explorer Sport in Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat.
Explorer Sport with standard 20-inch machined aluminum wheels with painted pockets wheels.
XLT in Shadow Black with optional 20-inch polished aluminum wheels.
Explorer Platinum with satin-chrome door handles and lower bodyside cladding insert.
Explorer Platinum in Blue Jeans.
Explorer Platinum in White Platinum Metallic Tri-coat.
2017 Explorer Sport in Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat.
The unique grille with satin-chrome finish is standard on Platinum.
Explorer Sport with unique grille and high-gloss Shadow Black door handles.
Sport with standard Class III Trailer Tow Package.
Explorer Platinum with standard satin-chrome grille, door handles and lower bodyside cladding insert.
Curve Control will slow you down as much as 10 mph in approximately one second when it senses that you’re going too fast for a particular curve. Employing throttle reduction and four-wheel braking, it’s always active in helping you maintain control around curves. Also, it functions on dry or wet pavement and is particularly useful when you’re entering or exiting freeway off- or on-ramps with too much speed. Curve Control, standard on all Explorer models, is an enhancement to AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control.™
Standard AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™ (RSC®) uses two gyroscopic sensors to monitor both yaw rate and roll rate. This allows AdvanceTrac with RSC to help you maintain control whenever it detects wheelslip, understeer, oversteer or roll motion. It also helps maintain control on adverse road conditions such as ice, gravel or rain. AdvanceTrac with RSC also features Curve Control, which will slow the vehicle down when it senses that it’s going too fast for a particular curve.
Available BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) uses radar in the rear quarter panels to identify a vehicle entering your blind spot and alerts you with an indicator light in the sideview mirror. Cross-traffic alert also uses radar to watch for traffic behind you when you’re slowly backing out of a parking spot or your driveway. If it detects a vehicle approaching from up to 15 yards away, it sends an audible warning, and an indicator light flashes in the sideview mirror and a display in the message center. BLIS® with cross-traffic alert is available on the XLT, Limited and Sport, and standard on Platinum models.
1.Starting MSRP excludes destination/delivery charge, taxes, title and registration. Optional equipment not included. Starting A, Z and X Plan price is for qualified, eligible customers and excludes document fee, destination/delivery charge, taxes, title and registration. Not all vehicles qualify for A, Z or X Plan. All Mustang Shelby GT350 and Shelby GT350R prices exclude gas guzzler tax.
2. EPA-estimated city/hwy mpg for the model indicated. See fueleconomy.gov for fuel economy of other engine/transmission combinations. Actual mileage will vary. On plug-in hybrid models and electric models, fuel economy is stated in MPGe. MPGe is the EPA equivalent measure of gasoline fuel efficiency for electric mode operation.
3. When properly equipped.
10. Driver Assist Features are supplemental and do not replace the driver's attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle.
15. Classes are: Small Plug-in Hybrid Vehicles (C-MAX Energi); Small Hybrid Vehicles (C-MAX Hybrid); Subcompact Cars (Fiesta); High-Performance Subcompact Cars (Fiesta ST); Small Sedans and Hatchbacks (Focus); High-Performance Small Cars (Focus ST); Small Electric Vehicles (Focus Electric); Midsize Sedans (Fusion); Midsize Hybrid Sedans (Fusion Hybrid); Midsize Plug-in Hybrid Sedans (Fusion Energi); Full-Size Sedans (Taurus); 300+ HP Sports Cars (Mustang); Small Utilities (Escape); Midsize Utilities (Edge); Large Utilities (Flex and Explorer); Extended Utilities (Expedition); Full-Size Pickups under 8,500 lbs. GVWR, Non-Hybrid (F-150); Full-Size Pickups over 8,500 lbs. GVWR (Super Duty); Full-Size Vans (Transit/E-Series); Small Cargo Vans (Transit Connect); 6-7 Classic Conventional Cabs (Medium Duty) based on Ford segmentation.
20. For dealer ordered vehicles, the vehicle has already been ordered by the dealer and is in the process of being manufactured by the factory. If you are interested in the vehicle marked "Dealer Ordered", contact the dealership for a delivery estimate.
27. SYNC® is an optional feature. Don't drive while distracted. Use voice-operated systems when possible; don't use handheld devices while driving. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in gear. Not all features are compatible with all phones. Message and data rates may apply. Optional Navigation System map updates cannot be received via Wi-fi® and require a separate update.
28. The vehicle's electrical system (including the battery), the wireless service provider's signal and a connected mobile phone must all be available and operating for 911 Assist to function properly. These systems may become damaged in a crash. The paired mobile phone must be connected to SYNC, and the 911 Assist feature enabled, in order for 911 to be dialed. When the feature is ON, 911 Assist uses your paired and connected mobile phone to assist occupants to contact emergency services by dialing 911 if your airbag deploys or, on certain vehicles, if the emergency fuel pump shut-off is activated. Aftermarket on-board diagnostic devices may interfere with various vehicle systems including Vehicle Health Report and 911 Assist. To avoid interference, remove the device or contact the device maker for more information on compatibility.
34. Available Feature. SiriusXM audio and data services each require a subscription sold separately, or as a package, by Sirius XM Radio Inc. If you decide to continue service after your trial, the subscription plan you choose will automatically renew thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. Fees and taxes apply. To cancel you must call SiriusXM at 1-866-635-2349. See SiriusXM Customer Agreement for complete terms at www.siriusxm.com. All fees and programming subject to change. Sirius, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of Sirius XM Radio Inc.
39. Remember that even advanced technology cannot overcome the laws of physics. It's always possible to lose control of a vehicle due to inappropriate driver input for the conditions.
43. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. iPhone® is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited.
48. You must have a Bluetooth®-enabled phone paired to your SYNC® system. The Bluetooth word mark is a trademark of the Bluetooth SIG, Inc. HD Radio is a proprietary trademark of iBiquity Digital Corp. iPad®, iPod®, iTunes®, iPhone®, and Siri® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. The term Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance®. Optional Navigation System map updates cannot be received via wi-fi and require a separate update. Sony is a registered trademark of the Sony Corporation.
52. Google Maps is a trademark of Google, Inc. MapQuest is a trademark of AOL Inc.
53. PANDORA, the PANDORA logo, and the Pandora trade dress are trademarks or registered trademarks of Pandora Media, Inc. Used with permission. iHeartAuto is a registered trademark of Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc. Slacker® is a registered trademark of Slacker®, Inc. Stitcher Smart Radio is a registered trademark of Stitcher, Inc. NPR and the NPR logo are registered trademarks of National Public Radio, Inc. Used with permission. Gracenote is a registered trademark of Gracenote, Inc.
63. SYNC® AppLinktm is available on select models and compatible with select smartphone platforms. SYNC AppLink requires any compatible apps to be installed and running on a capable smartphone while connected to Ford SYNC. SYNC AppLink is not compatible with MyFord Touch. Commands may vary by phone and AppLink software.
64. 20 Operator Assist sessions included with each one-year paid/complimentary SYNC Services subscription. Fees apply for additional sessions. See owner.Ford.com.
68. Horsepower and torque ratings achieved with 93-octane fuel.
129. SYNC Services varies by trim level and model year and may require a subscription. Traffic alerts and turn-by-turn directions available in select markets. Message and data rates may apply. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to change or discontinue this product service at any time without prior notification or incurring any future obligation.
160. Don't drive while distracted. Use voice operated systems when possible; don't use handheld devices while driving. Apple CarPlay is available on 2017 models with SYNC 3; owners of 2016 models with SYNC 3 are required to perform a software upgrade (Available Late 2016) and purchase a hardware upgrade through your dealer. Requires phone with compatible version of Apple iOS and active data service. SYNC does not control Apple CarPlay while in use. Apple is solely responsible for their functionality. Message and data rates may apply. Apple, Apple CarPlay, iPhone, Apple Maps, and Siri are trademarks of Apple Inc.
161. Don't drive while distracted. Use voice operated systems when possible; don't use handheld devices while driving. Android Auto is available on 2017 models with SYNC 3; owners of 2016 models with SYNC 3 are required to perform a software upgrade (Available Late 2016). Requires phone with compatible version of Android Auto and active data service. SYNC does not control Android Auto while in use. Google and other third parties are responsible for their respective functionality. Message and data rates may apply. Android Auto, Google, Google Play and other marks are trademarks of Google Inc.
162. SYNC Connect is an optional feature on select 2017 model year vehicles and includes service for five years from the vehicle sale date as recorded by the dealer. FordPass is available on the App Store® or Google Playtm. Message and data rates may apply. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google, Inc.
163. FordPass, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply. SYNC® Connect, an optional feature on select 2017 model year vehicles, is required for certain features.
164. FordPass, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available via a download. Message and data rates may apply.
165. SYNC® Connect, an optional feature on select 2017 model year vehicles, is required for certain features.
166. Roadside assistance is included for certain Ford owners and available to everyone for a per-service fee.
167. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android, Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc.
168. SYNC® Applink is compatible with select smartphone platforms and requires any compatible apps to be installed and running on a capable smartphone while connect to Ford SYNC. Commands may vary by phone and Applink software. Message and data rates may apply.
169. FordPass Park is available in select cities